Monday, October 17, 2011

Week9--Help your child with their Chinese Character writing

Dear Parents,
This year, we have two Chinese textbooks. (Textbook 1B and Textbook 2A.) There are 10 lessons in Textbook 1B, and  12 lessons in Textbook 2A. Each lesson contains about 8-10 Chinese Characters which students are supposed to be able to write.
During the past few weeks, we spent a lot of time correcting their writing homework cause most of the kids didn’t follow the stroke sequence when they are practicing writing the Characters. Remember, we only have at most 55 minutes of Chinese Literacy Class everyday. I don’t really want to spend too much time on this. I need your help! Kids needs your help!
In order to fix this problem, recently I’ve finished building one of my blog pages called ”Characters”. On this page, you could see Chinese Characters of each lesson. Click on each Character, you can be linked to the website of the Character’s sound and stroke order. Please have kids practice with this first, then write their homework worksheet that I give on Fridays.  If you couldn’t go online, you could at least make sure your child follow the stroke sequence by looking at stroke order printed on each worksheet. Believe me, if they “draw” characters in their own way, it’ll be much harder for them to remember.
I understand that you are busy, and kids are just starting to learn their English writing. Chinese Characters may not be easy for them to memorize. However, if we insist on practice one or two Characters per day, little by little, kids could eventually master in Chinese writing!
I’m expecting your help. And I appreciate it!
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at: jenny7002252002@yahoo.com.tw
Thank you.
Mrs. Chang  10/14/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment