Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Practice Chinese through SKYPE!

Hello, Parents,

It's been four weeks since the school began again. I've been missing your kids very much and hoping they are enjoying the time learning with Ms. Burton.

Besides practicing Chinese only "in" the classroom, I thought it might be a great idea for our students to make some Chinese-speaking friends at similar age. So I asked my husband, who is also an elementary school teacher in Taiwan, to ask his first grade students to provide their SKYPE user names if they are interested too.(They are allowed to do this by their parents.)
Now we have a name list with 5 students' SKYPE information on it. And we'd like to invite you to go on SKYPE on Saturday, Feb. 2nd, at 8~9A.M. for the first time. (You could use the time to figure out the next appointments you want to conversation with them and also the way you want it to be.  That means-- We'll only set up the first time for you and let you work on it by yourself. Of course, if you need further help, we're here to help. )

If you are interested, please RSVP by next Friday, Feb. 1st.
When you are replying me this e-mail, please tell me your or your student's SKYPE username. I'll give you the Taiwanese students' name list with their SKYPE usernames on it so you could start to invite them to be your friends... At the same time, I'll give them your information by e-mailing them too.

This is my first time doing it, and I really hope this helps.
I'm looking forward to see your children again on April 2nd!

Best Regards,
Mrs. Chang

1 comment:

  1. Hello. Skype is a must need in today Modern world as through Skype we can connect the whole world with our families, friends and even with Tutors and can learn many languages worldwide. I have hired the Preply Tutor http://preply.com/en/ Chinese -by-skype to learn Chinese online with Skype and I have found a very good Native Chinese Tutor at Preply for learning Chinese by skype for free.This is a great platform for students and Language learners.I am very happy and highly appreciate and recommend the Preply and also it is a great and different experience during speaking Chinese via skype with Native speaking Chinese Tutor. Preply is providing great services as it is hectic and difficult to find an expert Tutor in a specific subject and also parents cannot fully scrutinize and assess Tutors’ Skills in a particular subject and cannot interview them as compared with the Preply international team that have highly qualified and experienced team who can better find the specific niche of Tutors for Kids and especially for learning Chinese through kids’ Chinese Classes on skypeI have also found the right Tutor for myself and I am learning Chinese at Preply and i am very impressed with Preply Tutors’ team and their efforts for providing services of Expert Teachers for students and professional language learners.

    ReplyDelete